We develop custom business applications, design exciting products and implement strategic solutions for web, desktop, cloud and mobile platforms
Our experience will turn your ideas into effective solutions for your business
For the past 20 years we have successfully completed a large number of projects for businesses and organisations across Australia. We pride ourselves in our ability to identify the simplest, most effective solutions while delivering quality products. Our direct approach has enabled us to earn the trust of our clients and provide continuous ongoing enhancements and solutions.
Proven Track Record
We’ve developed business applications, robust products and strategic software systems for a diverse mix of clients and industries Australia-wide
We provide ongoing support, maintenance and hosting to ensure all of our projects continue to run efficiently and effectively at all times
Our customers have full visibility of work completed with access to our internal reporting and tracking systems
We stay on top of projects at all times by continuously testing and communicating progress to our clients
We put the interest of our customers first and ensure a range of options and technologies to choose from
Microsoft Silver Competencies and industry-leading world recoginsed clients
- New project development
- System support and maintenance of existing solutions
- Application upgrades and cloud migration
- Systems review
- Business intelligence and reporting
- Line of Business Applications and databases
- Product development
- Online portals
- CRM applications
- Intranet & extranet business applications
- Systems integration
- Custom eCommerce websites
- Business mobility applications including barcoding and RFID systems
- Online bidding and auctions
- Local and state government
- Transport and logistics
- Mining and resources
- Transport and logistics
- Non for profit
- Capped (preferred) This arrangement allows a set budget project budget limit. During the lifecycle of the project each new feature is prioritised to ensure those with most benefits are delivered first. Features with less value (nice to haves) are left until the end to be included if the budget allows.
- Fixed price Providing the project scope is clearly defined, we can provide a fixed price service. Fixed price projects are appealing for clients with strict budgetary requirements - however they may be less cost-effective in comparison with time and material arrangements
- Time and materials Perfect for when the project scope is not clear or the client prefers the project to be under their own project management. Time and materials projects provide the best flexibility and allow for greater client control on deliverables and technology decisions
- High coding Standards
Genolis develops software in using a variety of platforms , our main preference is for using Microsoft Technologies. Regardless of the development technology we always ensure our code is:
- Maintainable: regular code reviews, clearly defined naming conventions and easy to use internal frameworks ensure code is consistent and not repetitive through the application.
- Reusable: extensive use of design patterns, common libraries and high quality third party components reduces development cost and time to delivery.
- Efficient: We use a wide variety of tools and methods to ensure our applications are optimised for performance.
- User-friendly design
Genolis develops high quality user interfaces. The importance of an appealing and user intuitive user interface has risen significantly in the last few years due to the arrival of Apple and Android products. A well-designed user interface will enhance user experience and improve workplace productivity. Our user interfaces are:
- Simple and Intuitive We simplify our user interfaces by dividing them into clear functional areas, by reducing amounts of scrolling and repetitive data entry.
- Interactive and responsive Сlient-side programming, multithreading, progress bars and notifications enable the user to have a better experience.
- Aesthetically pleasing Our graphic designer capabilities visually enhance our applications which make them more appealing to the users.
- Thorough testing
Every company wants a high quality, reliable product and we do everything within our powers (and sometimes - beyond) to ensure that our Clients get just this. Genolis implements vigorous testing at each stage:
- Unit testing (automatic and/or manual) is always performed by Genolis as part of any development iteration. A developed module is tested against requirements as a standalone unit. The developed module is also tested for adherence to the highest standards.
- Integration testing is performed when major parts of a project are released or at the end of the project. System testing is carried out by the testing specialist against test cases prepared based on the functional specifications. System testing can also involve performance and integration testing.
- User acceptance testing is usually performed by the customer. This stage also requires involvement of our testing and development teams. The user acceptance testing takes place before project delivery.
- Comprehensive security
Software security is the most important part of any software product. Most applications require internet access thus obligating developers to pay greater attention to security. Genolis possesses significant experience in this area with delivering projects for financial and law enforcement agencies. We use internal security check lists as well as external consultants to protect:
- Data Communications: all data transferred over internet requires protection. We recommend SSL as minimum requirement for data communication protection.
- Information storage: both database and stored information require protection against unauthorised access. Securing the database server, using appropriate authentication methods and encrypting sensitive data ensures customer information is safe.
- Application security: we examine the web application for information leakage, SQL injection, session hijacking, cross-site scripting, and cross-site request forgery. We protect information by using best practices of encryption and hashing
At the beginning of each project it is critical to understand the requirements. There are a number of scenarios for scoping the project requirements:
- Requirements prepared by client - we will carefully examine and suggest a high-level roadmap and will provide an initial estimation.
- o Client has identified the need for software but is not sure where to start – we provide our clients with our requirements gathering tool, which will guide the client in requirements preparation through this process.
- Genolis manages the discovery process as part of the project deliverables.
- Initial Estimation
Upon analysing the requirements we will provide a high level (ball park) estimate.
- Detailed proposal
Once the high level estimate are is accepted by client we will prepare a detailed proposal with accurate cost estimates.
- Project Management
We provide professional project management deliverables for all projects. Project management methodologies are to suit the project and client requirements
Before commencing the project, we deliver a high level design to ensure the solution satisfies our client needs.
We use an agile approach to deliver your custom software. This means the software functionality is delivered in short stages and our clients have the ability to view, test, comment and can also begin to use the system whilst additional development work is being conducted.
Unit testing, integration testing, (client) user acceptance testing, security testing and load testing is standard best practices at Genolis. We use a combination of automated and manual testing techniques and technologies.
Once all functionality has been delivered and accepted by the client, we will provide hosting or installation as part of our workflow to ensure system is fully operational.
Genolis offers a range of support services to suit our customer requirements. These can be on demand, contracted and we can also provide additional support services to assist your business with your other business systems and licenses.
Our team possesses expert level skills and experience in the following areas:
- Web:Angular, React Js, Angular Js, Knockout Js, .Net Core, Node, ASP.Net, Kendo UI, Sencha/Ext, Bootstrap, HTML 5
- Desktop:WPF, Windows forms
- Mobile:Xamarin, iOS, Android, PhoneGap, Sencha Touch
- Databases:Ms SQL Server, Raven Db, Mongo Db, MySql, SqlLite, Oracle, Ms Access
- Cloud:Windows Azure, AWS
- BI and Reporting:Power BI, Tableau, MS Office 365, SSRS, SSAS, SAP Crystal reports
- SharePoint and Office 365 PowerApps, MicrosoftFlow, Online/On-premises